If you’re looking for the best exercise bike that doesn’t occupy a lot of space for your home gym, you’re on the right page as we have a lengthy guide reviewing the best folding bikes in different categories.
A foldable exercise bike offers an ideal solution for people looking for an effective and efficient workout from the comfort of their homes.
Before we review the best fold-up exercise bikes, let’s discuss a few things about these bikes and how to pick the right one for your needs.
Estimated reading time: 19 minutes
Table of contents
- Benefits of Investing In the Best Folding Exercise Bike
- What to Consider When Choosing the Best Folding Exercise Bike – Buyer’s Guide
- Best Folding Exercise Bikes
- Best Folding Exercise Bikes 300 Lb. Weight Capacity
- Best Foldable Exercise Bike for 400lbs Users
- Frequently Asked Questions about Folding Exercise Bikes
- 5 Best Quality Treadmills Under $500 – If you have decided to get a decent treadmill for your home, you might be surprised to learn there are plenty of options out there. In this post, we discuss the best treadmills under 500.
Benefits of Investing In the Best Folding Exercise Bike
- It has space-saving features meaning you can use and store them away in a limited space.
- Portable. You can carry fold-up exercise bikes with you regardless of where you want to exercise.
- Cheaper than full-size exercise bikes.
However, despite the benefits for home gym users, folding exercise bikes have their downsides, including a lack of all the features that full-sized exercise bikes offer and having lower weight capacity.
What to Consider When Choosing the Best Folding Exercise Bike – Buyer’s Guide
When shopping for fold-up exercise bikes, keep the following factors in mind:
- Dimensions of the Bike and Available Storage Space
Knowing the space, you are working with is the starting point, as this will enable you to rule out larger options than your designated space.
In most cases, folding exercise bikes fold in half, while others have collapsible seats and handlebars to save space.
- Type of Bikes
When choosing an exercise bike, you’ll have to decide the type that suits you. Majorly, there’re two options, including Recumbent bikes. These usually feature a larger seat and backrest for more lumbar support and are angled for comfortable cycling. These features make them great for people with lower back pains and the elderly. However, they tend to take more space due to their added backrest and larger seat.
Upright bikes. These bikes are the complete opposite of recumbent bikes as they feature a smaller seat and lack a backrest. They are made to look like traditional bikes, making them ideal for space-conscious buyers and those looking for bikes that offer more resistance during workouts.
- Comfort and Adjustability
The best fold-up exercise bikes should have features that ensure you get comfortable rides. These include:
- Cushioned Seats
- Adjustable Handlebars
- Foot Pedals
- Phone Holders
- Cup Holes, etc.
- Resistance Levels
It would be best to go for an exercise bike that offers more resistance levels. Bikes with more than eight resistance levels are perfect for a home gym. In addition, more resistance levels mean different people can use the bike. Majorly, exercise bikes use magnetic resistance to create pressure in the flywheel.
- Ease of Assembly
A good exercise bike shouldn’t take long to put together. We’ve only reviewed bikes that you can easily assemble in a few minutes.
A few folding exercise bikes we have recommended here have a backrest to allow you to sit comfortably and pedal at different paces. This is an excellent feature for those who want relaxed workout sessions after intense bursts.
- Weight capacity
Exercise bikes have varying weight and height adjustments to accommodate different people comfortably. Therefore, ensure the exercise bike you go for accommodates more than your weight.
- Extra features
When comparing exercise bikes, extra features such as display monitor, preset workout programs, USB drives, water bottle holders, and Bluetooth connectivity can help make your choice easier.
We can now review the best overall folding exercise bikes.
Best Folding Exercise Bikes
Here are the five best folding exercise bikes you can buy:
Top 3 in This Category
Let’s now review these bikes and two more.
ProGear 225 Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike
If you’re looking for an upright bike that mimics the feel of riding outdoors, the ProGear 225 may appeal to you. It features an ergonomically-designed seat that makes you comfortable riding the bike.
The ProGear 225 uses magnetic tension to offer eight levels of resistance, giving you complete control over the intensity of your gym sessions.
Another outstanding feature is the easy-to-read LCD screen that helps you monitor the details of your workouts, including distance covered, speed, and time. In addition, there’s an inbuilt heart rate monitor positioned in the bicycle handles to give accurate pulse readings.
Although this is not the best folding exercise bike in terms of design, it does its job well. It’s important to mention that the bike comes pre-assembled, meaning you can use it straight from the box. Folding the bike is easy, and you can easily transport it to your preferred workout location thanks to its built-in wheels.
The bike can support users up to 220 pounds, which might not be the best option for those on the heavier side.
- It has a heart pulse sensor to help you monitor your heart rate
- Ergonomically designed cushioned seat that adjusts the height to suit people between 5’1″ and 6′
- It comes pre-assembled, meaning no assembly is needed
- Sturdy and quiet
- Limited weight capacity (can’t support people over 220lbs)
- ProGear could have done better in terms of design
Magic Life Exercise Bike Folding Magnetic Bike
If you’re looking to add more cardio to your workout routine, this folding exercise bike by Magic Life can help you get incredible results, especially in terms of weight loss. The stationary bike is designed to give users a comfortable, effective workout from the comfort of their homes.
It has ten levels of magnetic resistance to give you complete control over the intensity of your workout. While the LCD monitor allows you to track your heart rate, RPMs, calories burned, and time spent exercising, the wheel system is designed to provide a quiet and smooth ride.
An extra-large seat is fully padded to guarantee comfort every time you exercise on this bike. In addition, it features transport wheels that allow you to move the bike from one point to another easily.
The bike has an adjustable seat that allows users to set different heights for comfort, and an arm resistance band allows you to engage your upper body.
Another outstanding feature of this Magic Life Exercise Bike Folding Magnetic Bike is its steel construction, allowing it to hold 264 pounds.
The magnetic wheel resistance offers a smooth and consistent tension to guarantee comfort. It’s perfect for beginners or those who want to move their legs while binge-watching.
- Has heavy steel frames making them highly durable
- Feature transport wheels to ease movement
- It has an LCD screen to help you monitor crucial details such as RPMs, heart rate, time, and calories burned
- It offers ten levels of magnetic resistance to cater to different workout intensity
- It provides an arm resistance band to let you work out your upper body
- The seat may not be comfortable for heavier women
Cycool Foldable Exercise Bike
Cyclool is one of the brands making a name in the fitness niche, and this foldable exercise bike proves that they are serious about dominating this industry. This is a great exercise bike for your home gym as it will help you introduce cardio exercises into your routine.
The seat of this stationary exercise bike has five adjustment levels to fit riders of different heights. It also features a backrest for better back support.
Additionally, this bike features inbuilt wheels to allow you to move the bike from one place to another. Also, it can be folded to half its size for easy storage.
Its pedals feature adjustable straps and buckle to help prevent your feet from slipping.
Overall, this is a great foldable bike for users who want a fitness device that will allow them to stay fit and lean.
- Resistance bands and console are included making it easy to set up
- Sturdy enough to handle people up to 220lbs
- Compact and thus can fit in small apartments
- Provides eight levels of difficulty
- Low-quality LCD monitor
- Heavier individuals will find this bike a tad small
Marcy NS-652 Foldable Exercise Bike
If you’re in the market looking for a compact bike that offers an intense cardio workout, Marcy NS-652 is an ideal choice. It saves space and offers all the features you’d want in a folding bike, including gripped pedals to keep your feet from slipping and a monitor to track your progress.
This exercise bike’s most outstanding feature is the LCD monitor displaying speed, distance, time, calories burned, etc. In addition, you can increase and decrease the intensity of your workout up to eight times by turning the resistance knob. This allows you to set your desired resistance level depending on your fitness level.
Despite the bike being easy to fold, Marcy used 14-gauge steel to make the frame, making it a durable and sturdy option.
The pedals have a textured grip to keep your feet secured during workouts. In addition, there are safety straps that help prevent your feet from falling off the pedals.
This foldable exercise bike also features adjustable seat height to accommodate different individuals.
- Adjustable resistance
- Foldable design
- Heavy-duty construction
- The seat can be uncomfortable for some people
SHAP+ Stationary Folding Exercise Bike
Although not from a recognized brand in the fitness niche, SHAP’s folding exercise bike is slowly gaining popularity among many fitness enthusiasts.
The bike has an extra-thick seat and an X-shape, making it easy to cycle and fold away. It’s compact enough to fit in any home as it only needs 18.3” L x 15” W of floor space.
Its cushioned seat offers seven adjustable height positions to accommodate people with heights from 4’10” to 5’10” and thus will suit the whole family.
Another outstanding feature of this exercise bike is the 8-level magnetic tension control system that allows users to set their desired intensity.
An LCD monitor also indicates distance, calories burned, speed, time, and more.
- Clear display monitor
- Different levels of resistance
- Padded seat for comfort
- The front handlebars are not adjustable
- The instruction manual may be hard to follow but setting it up is easy
These are five of the best folding exercise bikes you can get on the market at the moment. Let’s review bikes that can handle over 300lbs.
- 6 Best Under Desk Ellipticals in 2022 – Having an elliptical machiner under your desk is a great way to maintain a physical activity during the work day. These machines are compact and don’t take up a lot of space, making them great for small desks.
Best Folding Exercise Bikes 300 Lb. Weight Capacity
Here Are Top Two in This Category
Let’s get to in-depth reviews.
Marcy Recumbent Exercise Bike – 709
We start our first option in this section with this recumbent exercise bike from Marcy. It’s made of heavy-duty steel construction and has a powder-coated finish making it classy.
The step-through designs offer excellent mobility during training, meaning you’ll be comfortable riding this bike. It offers eight levels of magnetic resistance, and you can easily set desired intensity using the knob controls.
There’s also a multi-functional LCD screen that acts as the odometer. You can see crucial details such as speed, distance, time, and calories burned.
In addition, this bike has a padded seat that’s ergonomically designed for comfort while training. Also, the handlebars are padded for maximum comfort.
- Sturdy and durable
- Smaller footprint and thus can fit in small rooms
- It offers different levels of resistance
- Ideal for heavy riders
- It doesn’t wiggle during intense cycling
- The backrest is not adjustable
- The seat is not the most comfortable
Exerpeutic Folding Exercise Bike 1200
Exerpeutic folding magnetic upright exercise bike is another great choice for the best folding exercise bike for people up to 300lbs is this popular model from Exerpeutic. Exerpeutic is a renowned brand trusted to make quality, affordable, and user-friendly products.
This model features an easy-to-read LCD screen that shows crucial workout information such as distance traveled, workout time, calories burned, speed, and heart rate. These stats help to guide your progress.
The exerpeutic folding magnetic upright exercise bike allows for height adjustment and thus can suit users with heights between 5’3″ and 6’1″ and those under 300 pounds.
It can fold to half its size, making it ideal for small home gyms. You can easily store it behind a door or in cupboards. The bike also features transportation wheels for ease of movement.
It features eight resistance levels, making it ideal for beginners and intermediate gym users. The bike features extra features such as a phone holder and cushioned seat for added support.
- Occupies minimal space and can fold to half its size
- Accommodates varying heights and weights making it usable by all family members
- Runs quietly
- Comfortable seat
- Easy to setup
- Cheap rubber pedal straps
- Not ideal for hardcore fitness enthusiasts as its resistance is only moderate
FitDesk Desk Bike 3.0
This foldable workout bike by FitDesk is a perfect option for people who want to exercise while working. The bike allows you to get the most out of the minutes you spend in front of your laptop.
It features resistance bands to enable you to work out the upper and lower body to give you complete workout sessions when working on your laptop.
It can support users up to 300 pounds and allows you to adjust the seat height to give you comfortable rides. In addition, it has adjustable arm support making it great for people who want to use it as their desk.
There’s also a tablet holder that you can adjust to 360 degrees and tilt up to 20 degrees. Also, the surface meant for laptop or tablet usage has a soft grip top to prevent slipping. Another extra feature is the storage compartment to store your phone, notepad, or pen.
This bike may not have as many features as the first two, but it has unique workout features such as a comfortable seat, an easy-to-read performance meter to help track your progress, lightweight design, and ease of assembly. These features make it an excellent option for people looking for a convenient way to exercise at home or work.
- It has a maximum weight capacity of up to 300 pounds
- It comes with a built-in tablet holder
- The steel frame makes it durable and sturdy
- It has a user-friendly performance meter
- Non-slip top surface to keep your tablet or laptop secure
- Adjustable arm support that also doubles as a massage roller
- The LCD screen could be made bigger for a better view
Pooboo Foldable Exercise Bike
The X5 foldable exercise bike from Pooboo is more of a mini-gym as it includes a set of dumbbells and a comfortable backseat for when you need relaxed workout sessions.
The X-frame design offers stability to allow you to stand up on the bike while cycling. There are resistance bands in the front that you can use for a wide range of exercises targeting the upper body.
The seat can adjust to five different positions to accommodate different people. In addition, the bike offers eight levels of resistance and features an LCD screen to track calories burned, heart rate, distance, and other workout stats.
- It comes with lightweight dumbbells and features resistance armbands for upper body workout
- LCD monitor to display major stats such as heart rate and calories burned
- Comfortable due to cushioned backseat
- Easy to assemble and compact
- Not the quietest recumbent exercise bikes
Best Foldable Exercise Bike for 400lbs Users
EXERPEUTIC EXERWORK 2000i
EXERPEUTIC is a recognized brand in the fitness niche, and this exercise bike is one of its best products. You’ll like this bike because you can use it as an exercise bike and a desk to hold your laptop as you pedal. This means the bike can double as your workstation.
It has a 3-piece torque crank system and double-drive transmission system to make it easier for you to exercise and work simultaneously. In addition, it has a heart rate monitor to allow you to monitor your heart health.
Additionally, the bike has inbuilt transportation wheels to ease movement and adjustable leg stabilizers to keep it grounded during intense exercises.
- The adjustable sliding top surface
- It has a thickened seat for comfort
- Cushioned backrest for relaxed workout sessions
- Clear LCD monitor to allow you to see basic stats such as distance, time, and heart rate
- Not the most comfortable bike for short people
Exerpeutic Gold Foldable Exercise Bike (400lbs)
Suppose you don’t mind spending a little more to get premium features such as added weight capacity and quiet operation. In that case, this gold-painted heavy-duty exercise bike that folds up from Exerpeutic is ideal for you.
Described by Exerpeutic as a heavy-duty bike, this gold foldable exercise bike can handle individuals of up to 400lbs. It has an 8-level magnetic resistance adjustment that you can change using the oversized knob positioned above the LCD monitor. The uniquely-designed bike can fold to half its original size, and thus you can store it anywhere at home.
It can accommodate different body types and people with heights between 5’1″ and 6’5″. The bike feature a digital LCD monitor where you can check crucial metrics such as distance, calories burned, pulse, speed, time, odometer, and scan.
Another outstanding feature of this foldable bike is its 3-piece cranking system that provides consistent and smooth pedaling. It has a large pedal design fitted with safety straps to prevent your feet from slipping during intense cycling.
The bike has a balanced flywheel and V-belt drive for quiet operation, meaning you can watch your favorite show or listen to soothing music when exercising.
- Highly portable thanks to its built-in wheels
- Easy to adjust the resistance levels
- Sturdy and durable
- Cushioned seat for comfort
- Pretty heavy due to its sturdiness
- 5 Best Rowing Machines Under 300$ – If you are looking for the best rowing machine under 300$, you have come to the right place. We have spent many hours researching the best rowers on the market. We have also read and researched hundreds of other reviews.
These are the best folding exercise bikes for both light and heavy-weight users. We have included the best model in each category to make choosing the right one for your needs easier.
Make sure to go for an exercise bike that folds up that matches or exceeds your weight and height range for your comfort and safety.
Frequently Asked Questions about Folding Exercise Bikes
Although not as natural as outdoor biking sessions, folding bikes have their place in workouts. There are pretty affordable than outdoor bikes, and the good thing is that they are sturdy. Make sure to get one that matches your weight and height.
As a general rule, it’s not advisable to stand while cycling on a folding exercise bike as you’ll be exerting a lot of pressure on the pedals. Your weight should be evenly balanced between the seats, hands, and pedals.