Dancing is a wonderful means to strengthen your fitness, gain several health benefits and lose weight as well. Dancing is slightly different from other exercises and includes fun when done with friends or a group. Community dancing is best if you want to lose weight fast as it keeps you motivated to stay for long.
You can dance on your favorite beats alone at home or can join structured dancing classes or a gym. Several alternatives are proceeding along to online videos whose priority is to provide specific dance steps to make you slim and healthy.
So, dancing helps you lose weight but most important is which dance form you feel comfortable with. Therefore in this article, we have discussed how dance helps you in losing weight and what safety measures you should take while dancing along with a few FAQs which might be useful to you as well.
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Table of contents
- Top 6 Best Elliptical Machines Under 200$ – If you’re in the market looking for the best elliptical machines under 200, we are here to help. There are so many options in the market, and it can be challenging to spot a suitable training machine.
How Can Dancing Help You Lose Weight
Dancing is beneficial in several ways. Many dance forms like cardio or aerobic help in losing weight as well.
Apart from burning calories, dancing can tone up your muscles. Building thin and healthy muscle mass is efficient in burning your fat and molding your body.
Dancing can be termed as a form of cardio exercise, some benefits of regularly performing it includes :
- A better body posture and balance
- Boosted stamina
- Enhanced body flexibility and mobility
- Better blood flow
- Good sound sleep
- A potent immune system
- Lowered stress level
- Reduced chances of some chronic diseases like heart disease and diabetes
- Release of natural oxytocin
- Makes your skin glow as it is a joyful exercise
So if you were looking at can dancing help you lose weight only then you might have got surprised by knowing the other benefits of dancing discussed above. Besides all these benefits it boosts your confidence which is required in every field in today’s world.
More importantly, it is a fun exercise. When you celebrate performing something you do it without looking at your watch and take it as a burden rather. Instead, you feel like you should start sooner. Losing weight another way can be a tough path to walk upon like those who want to diet or run just to burn calories, right?
Remember that dancing is not something to perform on Saturday nights in the club with your gang but it’s more than that. It is a wonderful way to relieve your stress anytime and anywhere, wherever you are comfortable.
So, if you are convinced by now how beneficial dance could be to you then read on to know more about it and how you can decide where you want to dance for losing weight and where you could.
Places Where You Can Dance To Lose Weight
There are numerous dancing styles and the best thing is that they all are beneficial to health and effective in reducing fat.
You don’t need to go to any particular dance classes if you are continuing with a gym. The only thing you need to do extra is, ask your gym instructor if they offer dance classes also in the manual? If not then you can find many dance videos on online platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram which will help you for free to learn and lose weight by dancing.
After all this, still, you want something personal then, what you think of playing your favorite beats and cranking up alone. Yes! It will be as effective as community dancing or gym only if you’re regular and structured. This will be better for you if you are an introvert but before starting read the safety tips given below, so don’t get any injury.
- All Day slimming Tea – All Day Slimming Tea will contain minerals and herbs. The natural ingredients will enable your body to burn fat all the time. As it is 100% natural, you can get many additional health benefits without any severe side effects.
Safety Tips To Decrease The Injury Risk:
It is not particular to dancing only but also to any exercise, that you should bear some safety measures to minimize the injury risk. If you get an injury while dancing them all the benefits you have gained from it might go down. For instance, if you get a leg injury because of any misevent then your doctor might suggest you rest. Bed rest isn’t bad for the body but no exercise and eating can bring you back to fat. Therefore, following the given tips you can help yourself to stay cautious while dancing :
1. Warm up your body before you start the actual dance, do it by various stretching. This will allow your body to prepare itself and not put its temperature high suddenly high.
2. Don’t drink too much water while and after dancing.
3. Make sure that you are dancing in the correct form. Incorrect body posture while dancing increases the chance of injury. If you go to any community dancing then ask your instructors to help you correct your dancing style. But if you perform alone at home then try to dance in front of the mirror to ensure your moves are correct.
4. If you are a beginner or have been inactive in dance for many months or years then do it in small chunks of the period initially. Some dancing styles are challenging and hard to perform initially and takes a lot of practice to adapt your body to that.
5. Clean the dancing place or make sure it is already decluttered to avoid falling or tripping.
6. Give your body sufficient rest and heal itself by taking days off.
7. Like warm-up, cooling down is also important after intense dancing. Take deep breathing, stretch, and relax.
8. If you are injured or pregnant or undergoing any medical diagnosis then consult your doctor before starting to dance to lose weight. And if your doctor allows you to begin then choose dance forms like waacking which are effective even without needing the body to move much. Resources
Core Areas Of Body Which Benefits More While Dancing
Though dancing is good for your whole body the major areas which get the intense benefit are as follows.
These are the deepest muscles of your torso. Depending upon the type of dance form selected, some dance moves and steps will engage your core muscles.
Some dance forms involve your lower body only while some involve the arm movement mostly. So, if you want to lose your arm fat then it will be better to choose dance forms like waacking, hip hop, etc.
Dance forms like hip-hop, belly dance, and Kathak make your legs including hamstring and thigh muscles move more. This helps you to make them strong and lose unnecessary fat.
Perfect buttocks give your body a good shape but if they are too fatty then make you look shabby as well. Certain dance forms like belly dance, ballet, and hip hop engage the movement of your buttocks and thus enable them to have a good shape.
The core muscles also include your back, as discussed above dancing correctly and regularly makes your core muscles strong and improves body posture as well.
Dance apart from involving several body parts also enhances flexibility, heart rate, and strength of your body. Below it is discussed in brief how it helps to achieve so.
There is no doubt that dance requires the whole body to move effectively then only it looks elegant. Daily moving your body in a particular way increases the body’s flexibility.
2. Increases heart rate
The blood flow of your body is inserted while dancing and thus raising heart rate and improving breathing. Dancing with a high upbeat helps it to do it better.
People often tend to take the gym as significant for strengthening their body and underestimate dance for the same work. Lifting yourself in some dance moves makes your body light and tones the muscles.
- 14 Day Rapid Soup Diet – With the Rapid Soup Diet, you will feel full for a long time with fewer calories than you ever thought possible. The rapid soup detox diet also detoxifies your lymphatic system, allowing your body to clean itself properly, and boosts your metabolism.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Now it’s the time to discuss some frequently asked questions(FAQs) to make the concept clear to you.
Yes, it does. If you join some effective dance program then it not only provides health advantages but also enables you to socialize with team workouts as well. Individuals who feel alone at home and depressed can enjoy and improve their life quality by giving their bodies a sense of satisfaction.
If we discern then all are the best dance for weight loss but some work slowly while some work fast on body fat. Dance styles like Salsa, Zumba, Hip-hop, Belly dance, etc are most effective as well as fun to lose weight.
Dancing is no less than jogging and has more fun than it. Dance is not only good for the heart but also for coordination and balance of the body, making it stronger and more flexible. Dancing for 30 minutes daily burns around 130 to 250 calories, which is similar to jogging.
So, what are you waiting for now? Contact your friends who want to lose weight as you want, make a group, and begin to dance and look slimmer. You may thank us later!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?