I get commissions for purchases made through links on the site. As an Amazon and Clickbank Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.
Cardiovascular exercises are beneficial to our well-being, which is why many people are into elliptical machines, as they offer one of the best ways to stay healthy and fit. Elliptical bikes are stationary exercise machines that stimulate movement done when cycling. They are easy on the joints and thus decrease the risk of impact injuries.
If you’re in the market looking for the best elliptical machines under 200, we are here to help. There are so many options in the market, and it can be challenging to spot a suitable training machine.
In this guide, we review the six best ellipticals under 200. But before then, let’s briefly talk about how to buy cheap elliptical machines.
Estimated reading time: 9 minutes
Table of contents
Buying Consideration for Best Ellipticals Under $200
You have to consider the following features when buying the best elliptical for your indoor workout:
- Noise level. You have to consider the noise level when buying elliptical machines. Because, if a machine makes a lot of noise, you’ll be able to enjoy TV programs and music when working out. Therefore, make sure you go for a quiet workout elliptical (low dB. levels).
- Durable body. Elliptical machines with a steel frame tend to last longer. We would recommend you go for solid machines.
- Warranty. Just because you are looking for an affordable elliptical machine doesn’t mean a solid warranty shouldn’t back it. A manufacturer that trust its product will offer it a considerable warranty (more than one year for the frame).
- Height and weight compatibility. Ellipticals have weight limits, which is why you should go for one that suits you.
- Portability. Typically, portable ellipticals are easy to store and transport. When buying one for your indoor workout, make sure you go for one that you can quickly move from one place to another.
- Features. In addition to offering you leg and hand workouts, you also should check other features such as a heart rate monitor. An elliptical machine with heart tracking sensors will give you an idea of your body condition when exercising.
With that in mind, you’re better suited to buy the best elliptical machines under 200. Here are the top models in the market:
Stamina Inmotion Elliptical
If you live in an apartment or studio where space is at a premium, you’d want a tool that doesn’t occupy a lot of space. The Stamina InMotion Elliptical was made for small spaces.
The tool is high-functioning, thereby allowing you to exercise in your small spaces. In addition to being compact, this petite elliptical operates quietly, meaning that you won’t disturb the neighbors.
Another striking thing about this elliptical is that it works whether you’re standing or sitting, meaning that you can use it under your work desk, gaming desk, or binging TV.
In addition, you can easily adjust its tension by turning the adjustable dial to give you more tension. Also, you can see your stats while exercising on the display monitor. The machine is available in three color choices, meaning that you can get one that suits your interiors.
Overall, this is an excellent tool for gamers and those who lead desk-bound lives as it promotes leg movement and improves circulation in a quiet, non-distracting manner.
- Compact and portable
- Can work for you while standing and sitting
- Solidly made
- Lacks arm function
Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Machine
The Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Machine is another cheap fitness machine you’ll find on the market with top-notch functionality.
This is an excellent option for people with a modest budget who still don’t want to go for a poorly built tool.
One of the most impressive traits of this trainer is that it acts as a 2-in-1 trainer, thereby allowing you to exercise in different ways.
You can use the elliptical as an upright exercise bike or use it as a conventional elliptical. Its model structure makes the machine suitable for cardio workouts targeting upper and lower body areas.
The elliptical features vintage qualities, including distance and speed monitoring and time durations, and the number of calories you burn during exercises.
Some knobs allow you to adjust the tension to customize the machine so that you feel it performs right.
Body Rider BRD2000 Elliptical Machine also has a digital display, where you’ll find information on exercise sessions.
Overall, this is one of the best elliptical machines under 200$ in 2023.
- Offers different workout options – upright bike provision and typical elliptical trainer
- Has electronic digital display showing calories-burned, distance covered, and speed, among other progress reports
- The flywheel is covered for safety purposes
- The seating area has extra foam padding
- Offers smooth transition between sitting and standing workouts
- Can get noisy
Schwinn Fitness A40 Elliptical
If you have been looking for a high-performing elliptical that’s also solidly built, this machine would fit the bill. First, it comes from a renowned brand, Schwinn manufacturers, meaning that you can trust its quality and reliability.
Another feature worth mentioning is that it doesn’t take too much space, and thus suitable for those looking for a compact machine for indoor workouts.
The machine is solidly built and thus will serve you for many years. In addition, it comes with eight levels of resistance, thereby giving you various tension options when working out.
The large LCD screen displays heart rate, revolutions per minute, speed, and calories burnt. The flywheel facilitates quiet and smooth sessions to make your exercises fun. Other notable features include inbuilt speakers and media rack and transport wheels.
- It offers eight levels of resistance to give you effective workouts
- Has large and easy-to-read LCD to display user progress information
- The heart rate detector is ergonomically placed
- It comes with transport wheels for ease of movement
- Has no seat, meaning you’ll have to stand when exercising
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-E905 Elliptical Machine
If you’re a person who likes to go for proven machines, the Sunny SF-E905 is one of the highly-rated and most popular ellipticals in the market.
It has an 11-inch stride length and rear-drive mechanism. Another good thing about this machine is that it offers a set of upper-body handles to give you different options for working out your upper body.
There are also fixed handlebars to give your arms a resting area when you are engaging the lower body.
The Sunny SF-E906 also features adjustable resistances thanks to the tension cable. It also uses magnetic tension to give you more precise resistance.
The cross trainer also has transportation wheels and balance stabilizers that prevent tipping over. In addition, the trainer features pulse sensors and a digital monitor.
There are eight levels of resistance that you can control using a micro-controller knob. It’s important to mention that it can be complicated to assemble the machine, but the good thing is that there’s a user manual to guide you.
- Affordable home exercise machine
- Sturdy and durable
- Long pedals to promote balance
- Not easy to set up
FitDesk Under Desk Elliptical
The FitDesk Under Desk Elliptical has a low pedal rotation height of eight inches, which means you can use it with desks that have heights as low as 25 inches.
The high-velocity flywheel is balanced and thus keeps the pedal motions smooth and quiet, meaning you won’t be disturbed by noise.
This under-desk elliptical from FitDesk allows you to adjust the resistance tension hands-free. In addition, the package has a desk stand to give you quick access to a digital metal that has a 6-function display. You’ll see your workout progress here.
The smooth motion by this desk prevents your knees from hitting the bottom of the desk as you arch your legs and allows you to exercise smoothly.
- Has eight levels of magnetic resistance
- Has digital display monitor
- Hands-free resistance shifting
- Includes a desk stand
- Screws may loosen after sometime
- The pedal motion tends to have erratic motion
Body Rider Elliptical Trainer
The Body Rider Elliptical is another popular and budget-friendly elliptical machine under 200. This training tool has its frame made of steel and backed by one year warranty.
It features dual-action alternating handlebars to keep your arms engaged as your legs propel you. That means you’ll have both lower and upper body workouts. You can, therefore, expect to see quicker results, especially if you are losing weight.
Another outstanding feature of this workout tool is that it comes with video workouts, meaning that you’ll not have a problem getting started. Training with this machine is fun, thanks to the adjustable knob that allows you to set resistance levels.
There’s a digital display screen that shows your workout metrics, including speed, time, distance, and calories burned.
In addition, there are transportation wheels included making it easier for you to move the machine from one place to another.
- Affordable and durable
- Easy to assemble
- It comes with workout instructions video
- Easy to train with for beginners
- Not ideal for heavyweight users
- Has short warranty period
If you’d like to get fitter and healthier from the comfort of your home, getting an elliptical machine makes a lot of sense. However, you have to ensure that you’re getting the right one, even when you’re on a budget.
The above 6 best ellipticals under 200 will not disappoint. Thanks to the high number of reviews they have garnered, they have been proven.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?