I get commissions for purchases made through links on the site. As an Amazon and Clickbank Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Learn more.
A large number of people are looking for excellent ways to lose weight. A great way to lose weight is by using a soup diet. A soup diet refers to a diet that mostly consists of vegetable broths. Some people on this diet may add some chicken or a serving of fruit. Soup diets such as the cabbage diet have been around since the 80s and have helped people lose weight. It is essential to bear in mind that you must stick with the diet for at least 7 to 10 days to ensure it is effective.
Estimated reading time: 7 minutes
Table of contents
- Types of Soup Diets
- Things To Consider Before Going On A Soup Diet
- Benefits of Soup Diets
- Sample Soup Diet Plans
- Soup diets such as the cabbage diet have been around since the 80s and have helped people lose weight.
- It is essential to pick your soup diet carefully to ensure that you lose weight and keep it off.
- Soup diets are generally high in vegetables, meaning you will eat more of them. Vegetables are high in folic acid, vitamin A and C, as well as potassium.
- A soup diet will ensure that you take in a lot more water, which helps achieve your weight loss goals.
- Make sure the diet you choose allows you enough protein, carbohydrates, and vitamins. It is advisable to be careful with diets that cut out an entire class of food as they are unbalanced.
Types of Soup Diets
Here are the types of soup diets that you can try.
As mentioned above, the cabbage soup diet has been around since the ’80s and is the most popular. When on this diet, you should eat cabbage soup for your meals for seven days. You may also include chicken, beef, fruits, and vegetables, or brown rice. If you strictly follow this diet, you can lose up to 10 pounds.
Canned Soup Diet
If you do not want to make your meals, consider eating canned soup. Ensure that you buy broth-based soups with low calories and avoid soups with cream or cheese in them. You can eat whole grains, fruits, and vegetables but avoid anything with large amounts of oil in it. Canned soups can help you lose up to 9 pounds. Remember, broth-based soups can help you shift to a plant-based diet that can be very good for you.
Chicken Soup Diet
On this diet, you should eat chicken soup for every meal except breakfast. For breakfast, you can eat nonfat yogurt or milk, fresh fruit, or whole-grain cereal. It is advisable to make the soup with chicken and non-starchy vegetables. If you are on this diet, you should eat small, frequent portions of the soup throughout the day to reduce cravings. It also ensures that you feel full throughout the day, so you will not reach for unhealthy snacks.
Keto Soup Diet
The Keto Soup can help you lose up to 10 pounds. The soup is low carb, high fat, and includes a moderate amount of protein. On this diet, you will need to restrict nut, artificial sweeter, and dairy intake. You should eat a breakfast that includes eggs, butter, avocado, bacon, and bulletproof unsweetened coffee. For the rest of the day, eat 4 cups of keto soup split between supper and dinner. Make your homemade keto soup using the chicken stalk, bacon, olive oil, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, mushroom, and other low-carb herbs and vegetables.
14 Day Rapid Soup Diet
The 14 Day Rapid Soup Diet program claims to have ingredients that target stubborn fat and make the lymph function properly, with no need for any hardcore exercise. Some significant features of this program are as follows:
- 100% natural ingredients.
- Suitable for people of all ages.
- Results in 02 weeks.
- Long-lasting results.
- Backed by science.
- FDA approved.
Things To Consider Before Going On A Soup Diet
It is essential to pick your soup diet carefully to ensure that you lose weight and keep it off. Here are factors to consider when choosing a soup diet.
Pick a soup diet that offers you enough calories to go through your day comfortably. Adults need between 2000 and 2500 calories a day. The idea of a diet is to use more than you consume and therefore encourage weight loss. That said, make sure that the diet you pick provides enough calories for your active life. If you notice that you are getting dizzy on a particular diet, consider modifying or changing it.
Make sure the diet you choose allows you enough protein, carbohydrates, and vitamins. It is advisable to be careful with diets that cut out an entire class of food as they are unbalanced. Pick a diet that offers proteins, vitamins, and a portion of carbohydrates. That will ensure that you are healthy enough to fight infections and strong enough to keep your regular schedule.
One of the most important things about weight loss is ensuring that you can keep the weight off. One of the ways to achieve that is by going on a sustainable diet. Take time to look at the ingredients for your soups to ensure you can make them a permanent part of your meals. Short-term soup diets help you lose water weight very fast, but the weight loss is not permanent. A good diet can become a part of life so that the weight stays off. Also, consider whether you can afford to buy the soup ingredients every week. If they are too expensive, that diet is not sustainable and will not be good for you.
If a soup diet promises that you will lose a huge amount of weight in a week, it is not practical. Realistic diets are healthy and sustainable. They will also ensure that you lose weight at a reasonable rate. Remember, if you lose weight too fast, you may develop serious health problems. Secondly, unrealistic goals can discourage you on your weight loss journey, and you could lose interest in your eating plan.
Benefits of Soup Diets
Soup diets have the following benefits.
Increased Vegetable Intake
Soup diets are generally high in vegetables, meaning you will eat more of them. Vegetables are high in folic acid, vitamin A and C, as well as potassium. All these are essential for your health and help you fight against infections and serious diseases. Vitamin C will boost your immunity, and potassium helps maintain healthy blood pressure. A diet rich in vegetables will protect you from strokes and heart problems.
Increase water Intake
A soup diet will ensure that you take in a lot more water, which helps achieve your weight loss goals. Water intake improves your exercise performance as well as your memory and mood. A healthy water intake will also prevent kidney stones and constipation.
Easy to Follow
Soup diets only have one food item and are therefore easy to follow. You will, therefore, not get discouraged by many rules and directions and stop following the diet.
Encourage Plant-based Eating
Choosing the right soup diet will help you achieve your weight loss goals and ensure that you are healthy. It will improve your vegetable and water intake and also strengthen your immune system.
Sample Soup Diet Plans
Here are sample soup diet plans for different types of soup diets:
1. Cabbage Soup Diet Plan:
- Day 1:
- Breakfast: Unsweetened herbal tea
- Lunch: Cabbage soup, a small serving of fruit (e.g., an apple)
- Snack: Carrot sticks with hummus
- Dinner: Cabbage soup, a small baked potato with a dollop of low-fat yogurt
- Day 2:
- Breakfast: Green tea
- Lunch: Cabbage soup, a mixed salad with vinaigrette dressing
- Snack: Sliced cucumber with a light dip
- Dinner: Cabbage soup, steamed broccoli and cauliflower
- Day 3:
- Breakfast: Rooibos tea
- Lunch: Cabbage soup, a small portion of grilled chicken breast
- Snack: Sliced bell peppers with guacamole
- Dinner: Cabbage soup, sautéed spinach
2. Keto Soup Diet Plan:
- Day 1:
- Breakfast: Keto-friendly smoothie (spinach, avocado, almond milk, and protein powder)
- Lunch: Creamy cauliflower soup with bacon bits
- Snack: Celery sticks with cream cheese
- Dinner: Keto chicken and vegetable soup
- Day 2:
- Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with spinach and feta cheese
- Lunch: Keto broccoli and cheese soup
- Snack: Sliced avocado with a sprinkle of salt
- Dinner: Keto beef and mushroom soup
- Day 3:
- Breakfast: Chia seed pudding made with coconut milk
- Lunch: Keto zucchini and basil soup
- Snack: Mixed nuts (in moderation)
- Dinner: Keto seafood chowder
3. Canned Soup Diet Plan:
- Day 1:
- Breakfast: Low-fat Greek yogurt with honey
- Lunch: Canned chicken noodle soup
- Snack: Baby carrots with hummus
- Dinner: Canned minestrone soup with a side salad
- Day 2:
- Breakfast: Whole-grain toast with almond butter
- Lunch: Canned tomato soup with a grilled cheese sandwich (use whole-grain bread)
- Snack: Sliced apples with peanut butter
- Dinner: Canned chili with a side of steamed broccoli
- Day 3:
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with sliced bananas
- Lunch: Canned vegetable soup
- Snack: Greek yogurt with berries
- Dinner: Canned clam chowder with whole-grain crackers
These sample soup diet plans provide a variety of options for different types of soup diets. Remember to drink plenty of water, and consult with a healthcare provider or registered dietitian before starting any diet plan, especially if you have any underlying health conditions. Adjust portion sizes and ingredients based on your individual dietary needs and preferences.